Sales Representative – Playground & Recreation Equipment
Inject your career with new challenges, huge potential and some fun! We are looking for a Sales Representative based in our head office in Medicine Hat, Alberta. We are Canada’s longest-standing manufacturer and distributor of playground structures, playground equipment, outdoor fitness equipment and park furniture. We design and manufacture playground structures and related products for schools, municipalities, housing developments, day care centres and other public facilities.
As demand for our products continues to grow right across Canada, we are looking for the right person to join our head office team. If you meet the qualifications listed below, please send us your resume along with a cover letter telling us why you would excel in this unique role. Email your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org with Sales Representative – Head Office in the subject line.
This challenging sales position involves generating new clients and serving/developing existing clients in assigned territories through sales calls, prospecting, project management and relationship building. While you will be building upon our established customer base, strong sales skills are needed for success. You should be comfortable making presentations in front of large groups and organized enough to handle multiple projects while finding time to develop new business. You should be a quick learner, willing and able to learn the complexities of the playground industry and what is involved in preparing a playground design or proposal. You will work closely with customers as well as our in-house design team to develop designs that meet or exceed the customer’s needs. A genuine desire to provide the best possible service to the customer is a must. A warm and outgoing personality, confident communication skills, ability to work independently as well as part of a team, technical aptitude and computer savvy are essential.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop new clients within assigned territories through cold calling, prospecting, attending trade shows, face-to-face meetings and other efforts
- Work with existing clients and contacts on new projects; cultivate strong relationships
- Prepare competitive written proposals, RFPs, tenders, etc.
- Prepare and present outstanding proposals to customers in group settings
- Collaborate with other departments to meet customer needs, manage projects, organize delivery and installation of projects, etc.
- Perform related administrative duties
- Some travel is required
- strong sales and customer service experience (min. 3-5 years)
- knowledge of construction or landscaping a definite asset
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven sales ability coupled with initiative and self-motivation
- Above average to superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation & negotiation skills
- Organizational skills; ability to plan and manage multiple projects at once
- General knowledge of construction and/or landscaping industry
- Willingness and ability to learn the complexities of the playground industry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to prepare and present effective and competitive proposals
- Customer service orientation: making efforts to listen to and understand the customer, anticipating customer needs, giving high priority to customer satisfaction
- Integrity: maintaining and promoting social, ethical, and organizational standards while conducting internal and external business activities
- Follow-Up: establishing procedures to monitor the results of delegated projects, assignments, tasks, and any customer related inquiries or concerns
- Impact: ability to create a positive first impression, command attention and respect
- Influencing/negotiating: ability to promote proposals and ideas persuasively, shape stakeholder opinions, work through conflicts, negotiate win/win solutions
Are you interested in building a business in the growing playground and park equipment industry? We are looking for professional, high-energy representations in key areas across Canada. If you are sales-minded and want to grow your own business or if you have an established business and are interested in adding the Blue Imp product line to your offering, we would like to talk to you. Strong sales/management background is essential. Experience in construction/contracting or related industry is a definite advantage. Specialized training and ongoing support will be provided. To learn more, contact us at email@example.com or call us at 1.800.661.1462.
Blue Imp continues to seek professional playground installers in key areas across Canada. This opportunity is ideal for someone with extensive construction experience who is interested in building an independent business as a playground installer. Work may involve: site prep and/or supervising site prep; complete playground installation; supervising volunteer installations. Requires extensive construction/trade experience, transportation, tools and equipment and strong people skills. Specialized training/support will be provided. To learn more, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1.800.661.1462.